Blog & News
ACCESS PT’s 12 Days of “Fitmas”
Are you looking for a way to avoid holiday weight gain? Why not try a “12 Days of Fitmas” Challenge with your family and friends? The extra activity will not only help you burn off some of those holiday calories, but it’s also FUN! So grab a friend or family member and…
- Day 1: Walk 1 mile around your neighborhood to observe Christmas decorations
- Day 2: Do 10-20 squats while singing Jingle Bells
- Day 3: Do 10-20 jumping jacks while singing your favorite Christmas carol
- Day 4: Do a Christmas ornament spoon race!
- Day 5: Perform a single leg stance for 30 seconds at a time while making hot chocolate
- Day 6: GO GET YOUR REAL CHRISTMAS TREE! (Take a hike!)
- Day 7: Go cross country skiing!
- Day 8: Go for a snow shoe adventure!
- Day 9: Walk around the mall to Christmas shop!
- Day 10: Do some yoga in your UGLY Christmas sweater!
- Day 11: Do a plank challenge wearing your Christmas pj’s!
- Day 12: Have a snow ball fight!
Keeping active over the holidays is a great way to offset the extra calories from all of those delicious holiday treats. Added bonus: you might even start a fun new family tradition!