Neil Chernick, PT, MSPT
Neil is a cum laude graduate of Ithaca College, where he received both his Bachelors (Clinical Science) and Masters (Physical Therapy) degrees. Over the course of his career, Neil has achieved certifications in several specialty areas. Neil is board certified in Orthopedics by the American Physical Therapy Association. He is certified in the McKenzie Method for diagnosis and treatment of the lumbar, cervical, and thoracic spine. The McKenzie Method has some of the strongest research to support its effectiveness when treating both acute and chronic back and neck pain. He is also a certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Neil has extensive clinical experience in treating:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder, hip, and hand conditions
- Tennis and baseball athletes
Neil’s favorite aspect of being a physical therapist is the ability every day to improve someone’s life. He particularly enjoys hearing patients say they don’t have pain anymore, or that they are now able to do something they thought they’d never be able to do again.
In his free time Neil enjoys spending time with his wife and twin boys, exercising and hiking!
- Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist (OCS)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT)
- Hip Preservation Certified Clinician
- Certified in Blood Flow Restriction Training
- HSS Rehabilitation Baseball Overhead Athlete Certified Clinician
- Concussion Management
- Vestibular Assessment, DX and Treatment
- Headaches, Migraines, and Biofeedback