Blog & News
Keeping Up The Exercise Even in The Cold
Humans are not meant to hibernate. Just as tulips need winter nourishment from the Earth to strongly bloom in spring, we need to continue to nourish our bodies (including exercise) during winter so we too can bloom come spring. If the thought of getting outside to exercise makes you dive under the covers, instead choose one of the many indoor workout options. Below are just a few of the many choices.
- Walk at an indoor location, like a mall. If you need extra motivation to get yourself to the mall, join a walking group. This will help you stay accountable to someone other than yourself.
- Join a health club. This will provide you with a large variety of physical activities to choose from every week.
- Create a home gym. This doesn’t have to be expensive. You can easily set up a great workout routine with just a set of dumbbells, an exercise ball and a jump rope. Get all of this for around $50.
- If you have stairs where you live, spend as little as 20 minutes at a time climbing up and down. This makes for a very intense and efficient workout.
- Get wet. Find a local indoor pool you can use. Try swimming, water aerobics, or even just walking or running laps in the water.
- Visit a library. Usually local libraries offer exercise videos you can check-out for free. Pick-up a new one to try out every time you return the previous video.