Blog & News
From Our Table to Yours: Favorite Blueberry Recipes
One of our favorite things about summer is the availability of fresh blueberries! ACCESS PT recently held a blueberry recipe contest for our employees, and we received so many great submissions. Thank you to all staff who submitted recipes, and congratulations to the three winners! Check out their recipes below.
First Place: Lemon Blueberry Cake
Submitted by Chelsea Colandrea, Sales Development Rep
This moist, easy to make cake is filled with delicious blueberry and lemon buttercream. Recipe & Photo by PreppyKitchen.com
Second Place: Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (Gluten Free)
Submitted by Brianna Beal, Credentialing Specialist
These blueberry oatmeal muffins are naturally sweetened, dairy free and made with a mix of almond flour and oat flour to keep them gluten free. Recipe & Photo by AmbitiousKitchen.com
Third Place: Blueberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Submitted by ToniAnn Wisnewski, Patient Coordinator, Monroe
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease & flour a 9″ bundt pan.
- Beat butter & white sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs (one at a time).
- Stir in sour cream & vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the batter until just blended. (it will be thick)
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans together. Sprinkle half over batter in the bundt pan.
- Spoon remaining batter into pan and smooth.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon mix on top. Use a knife to swirl the sugar layer into the cake.
- Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until toothpick inserted into cake is clean.
- Let cool completely. Remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar.