Michael Dombrowski, PT, DPT, TPI
West Islip, NY|
East Patchogue, NY|
Dr. Michael Dombrowski, PT, DPT, TPI completed his undergraduate education at State University of New York College at Cortland, where he doubled majored in Kinesiology: Exercise Science and Psychology. He then went on to earn a Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Touro College, where he also completed the Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency (OPTR) Program.
He has extensive clinical experience in:
- Orthopedic & Sports Medicine
- Strength & Conditioning
- Athletic Performance
As a physical therapist, Michael enjoys helping patients solve problems in ways they never thought were possible, as well as teaching both patients and physical therapy students. He has benefited from strong mentorship during the course of his career, and gets great satisfaction in passing that knowledge on to students just beginning their journey. Michael believes that the field of medicine is really a lifelong quest of knowledge & discovery that never ends.
Aside from mentoring students in the clinic as a clinical instructor, during his residency he had the pleasure of assisting Dr. Maria Meigel, PT, DPT, OCS, CFMT, CSCS in instructing both Cervicothoracic Integration (CTI) and Lumbopelvic Integration at Touro College. He plans to continue this collaboration into the future.
When he’s not working, Dr. Dombrowski enjoys scuba diving, ice hockey, golf, lacrosse, skiing, snowboarding, and traveling. He has been blessed with many opportunities to travel the world, and has visited every continent except Antarctica – which is scheduled for 2024! Top five destinations so far: Tahiti, Galapagos, Botswana, Egypt, and Southeast Asia.
Institute of Physical Art (IPA)
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation I (PNF1)
- Functional Mobilization I (FM1)
- Functional Mobilization Upper Trunk (FMUT)
Maitland Australian Physiotherapy Seminars
- Essential Peripheral (MT-1)
- Essential Spine (MT-2)
- APTA Clinical Instructor Credentialing
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) – Level 2 (Medical + Fitness + Power)
- Superspeed Golf – Level (1 + 2 + 3)
- Redcord NEURAC (Neuromuscular Activation)
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) + Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT); Muscle Energy Techniques
- Myofascial Release; Joint Mobilizations & Manipulations
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
- Blood Flow Restriction Training (BFR)
- Kinesiotaping Techniques (KT1 & KT2)
- Active Release Techniques (ART) – Spine Level 1